- 22 Juried Show Blog Exhibition Curated by Paula Tognarelli
- The Griffin Museum is supporting Autism Awareness Month in April 2016
- Photographer Erin Malone Channeling Arthur Griffin
- Arthur Griffin’s Singular Vision at Lafayette City Center Passageway
- Arthur Griffin and the Griffin Museum in Black and White Magazine
I Feel Lucky by Frank Yamrus
Originally inspired by the onset of my first (and hopefully last) midlife crisis, I created the I Feel Lucky collection of self-portraits between my 47th and 53rd birthdays. Initially titled Less Than or Equal to 50, this series began with a looming deadline of my 50th birthday, as if on this milestone my midlife crisis would magically resolve itself. At the time, typical midlife crisis issues — relationships, faith, career, health and mortality — were producing classic midlife crisis symptoms — moodiness, exhaustion, the desire to make change and some deafening private politics of self-identity. With my camera, my constant companion during this time, I contemplated a lifetime of choices and created present-day images to evaluate my past with the hope of glimpsing my future.
4 in stock