- 22 Juried Show Blog Exhibition Curated by Paula Tognarelli
- The Griffin Museum is supporting Autism Awareness Month in April 2016
- Photographer Erin Malone Channeling Arthur Griffin
- Arthur Griffin’s Singular Vision at Lafayette City Center Passageway
- Arthur Griffin and the Griffin Museum in Black and White Magazine
Earth Forms by Stephen Strom
Stephen Strom has photographed in the southwestern desert lands of the United States for more than 20 years and this book brings together, for the first time, a selection of his most powerful and memorable images.
Strom brings to this landscape the sensibilities of an astronomer who has lived in the desert for almost two decades. His photographs capture a land shaped both by the millennial forces of prehistory and also by yesterday’s cloudburst. His images have the power to compress vast desert spaces in an illusion of intimacy and comprehension, presenting undulations of colour and form which appear reimagined in a light that at once penetrates and sculpts.
Published in 2009, the book Earth Forms, with essays by Gregory McNamee and Albert Stewart, is the first fine art quality monograph of Stephen’s photographs. To assure images of the highest quality, Stephen was present at EBS in Verona, Italy when the final proofs were made.
1 in stock