- 22 Juried Show Blog Exhibition Curated by Paula Tognarelli
- The Griffin Museum is supporting Autism Awareness Month in April 2016
- Photographer Erin Malone Channeling Arthur Griffin
- Arthur Griffin’s Singular Vision at Lafayette City Center Passageway
- Arthur Griffin and the Griffin Museum in Black and White Magazine
A Shadow Falls by Nick Brandt
In A Shadow Falls, which features fifty-eight recent images in stunning, oversized tritone plates, Nick Brandt continues his ambitious and ongoing photographic project to memorialize the vanishing natural grandeur of East Africa. Brandt’s wide-screen panoramas of animals and landscapes capture an epic vision of Africa that has not been seen before. His iconic portraits of its majestic animals are filled with an empathy usually reserved for human subjects.
From the opening images in A Shadow Falls, of a verdant world filled with multitudes of animals, to the closing images of small bands of creatures moving across a parched, dusty earth, Brandt portrays a mythic Africa struggling against tragic forces. In years to come, we will look back at these powerful photographs and wonder why humanity did not do more to preserve this rare corner of earthly paradise.
1 in stock