- Paula Tognarelli on Arthur Griffin’s Quincy Quarry, 1938
- Peter J. Griffin on Arthur Griffin’s image of Ignacy Paderewski makes an IMPRINT.
- Paula Tognarelli on Arthur Griffin’s image of Ignacy Paderewski makes an IMPRINT.
- Mary Ann Alwan on Arthur Griffin’s image of Ignacy Paderewski makes an IMPRINT.
- Marjorie Nichols on Arthur Griffin’s image of Ignacy Paderewski makes an IMPRINT.
Author Archives: admin
Ted Williams and Arthur Griffin met in 1939; Ted was about to seize the role of Rookie of the Year, and Eastman Kodak wanted Griffin to test its new color film. Griffin was at Fenway Park with his usual assortment … Continue reading
In photography, we often refer back to Henri Cartier Bresson’s introduction of capturing the “Decisive Moment.” What constitutes this perfect moment in time…is it purely aesthetic or is it defined by the emotional impact of the image? Arthur Griffin’s Quincy Quarry taken … Continue reading
In his introduction to Arthur Griffin’s book “New England in Focus”, writer John Updike referred to his friend Arthur’s “friendly fury” that “rendered him ageless…” Here to me is an image by Arthur Griffin that really speaks to this energy that … Continue reading
Welcome to IMPRINT the Griffin Museum’s brand new monthly online communication. Here, we invite you to join us as we celebrate pioneers in photography who without question shape the way we observe and document life with our cameras. In … Continue reading