CALL FOR ENTRIES
Griffin Museum of Photography’s 19th Annual Juried Exhibition
Juror: Kathy Ryan, New York Times Magazine
Exhibit dates: July 18th-September 1, 2013
67 Shore Road, Winchester MA 01890
AWARDS: $1,000 Arthur Griffin Legacy Award, $500 Griffin Award, Honorable Mentions
ELIGIBILITY: This Call for Entries is open to all photographers. Entrants must be members of the Griffin Museum of Photography (with an expiration after 4/1/2013) The Griffin Museum invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. We encourage submitting images from a singular body of work for a cohesive selection for the Juried Exhibition. A unified body of photographs indicates to the juror you’ve carefully considered your selected edit and are committed to your photography.
Artwork selected for gallery exhibition will be limited to FRAMED SIZE of 30x40in.
JUROR: Kathy Ryan, New York Times Magazine
ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $15 for 5 images.
Members at the Dual level ($75) and above may submit up to 8 images.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 31, 2013
HOW TO ENTER:
- Purchase a membership if you aren’t already a member.
- Pay your entry fee. Payments are made online by credit card.
- Fill out submission form and upload images
IMAGE PREPARATION: Prepare your images as required before beginning the submission process. Submissions are preferably accepted via the online process. Mailed submissions will also be accepted.
Digital image files must meet the following specifications:
- 8 bit JPEG files (CMYK and 16 bits files will not be uploaded)
- Longest dimension 1280 pixels (width or height)
- Resolution of 72 ppi, JPG compression quality of 7 or 8.
- File size must be below 1MB.
- The file name may not include characters such as #, $, &, periods or other similar characters, and should start with your last name, then your first initial, and then the title of the file. There should be only one period in the file name, just prior to the file extension (i.e. Smith_J_title.jpg). It’s important to follow these instructions about the file name to allow for proper entry and storage into the image database.
- Image title is a separate entity and may not exceed 40 characters.
- If you submit more than one image with the title, “Untitled,” please number them for easier identification.
Please include title sheet, information page including: Name, E-mail, Address, Phone and proof of membership or membership renewal form.
Prepare your images to the same specifications.
Burn images to CD (not DVD) and mail to:
Griffin Museum 19th Juried Submission
67 Shore Road
Winchester, MA 01890
Selected artists will be posted on the website by June 12th, 2013. Please
do not call the Griffin Museum to inquire whether your images were chosen.
- Entries due: March 31, 2013
- Notice of Acceptance: June 12, 2013
- Gallery Exhibition at Griffin Museum: July 18th-September 1st, 2013
- Opening Reception July 18th, 2013 @ 7pm
EXHIBIT PRINTS: All accepted images submitted for exhibition must be printed and framed professionally with either glass or plexi. The Griffin Museum recognizes that some work is non-traditional and incorporates the framing as an integral part of the presentation. Artists will be responsible for shipping their framed images to The Griffin Museum in advance of the gallery show and for supplying a pre-paid return shipping label. The FRAMED size may not exceed 30x40in.
SALES: All work accepted for the gallery show must be for sale. The Griffin Museum will retain a 20% commission on the sale of any work.
USE RIGHTS: Artists maintain copyright on all of their work. By submission, artists grant The Griffin Museum the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and other Griffin Museum programs; and for reproduction online and in a print exhibition catalogue. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from the Griffin. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. Submitting artists will be added to The Griffin Museum’s monthly newsletter subscriber list. They may opt out using a link on each newsletter at any time. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please retain this information and your filename information for your files until after announcement of the jury selection.